Frenchy

Frenchy

The Trouble With Valentine's Day

The Trouble With Valentine's Day - Rachel Gibson I like this book and its probably a 3.5 read for me and I always round up but I’m so tempted to round it down to 3 stars. Why? Because of a few editing mistakes. They totally distracted me. I highlighted them just so I could rant about them here. lol

1) The hero in True Confessions name is Dylan Taber. In this book his name is spelled Dillion.

2) (on my ipad) Page 133 - “Rob?” She said his name just above a whisper.
Page 160 - “Your house is beautiful, Rob,” she said, and it was the first time he could recall her using his name.
Of course, he’d imagined her using it.
Yeah I know he said recall her saying it but still it annoyed me lol

3) Page 151 - “Katie,” her grandfather said as he walked into the back room. “I have a delivery for you.”
“Who?”
“Hazel Avery. She’s got that bad cold you had a few days ago.”
Page 153 - She folded her arms across her chest, and Ada’s bag of cold remedies swung and bumped her thigh.
First its Hazel then its Ada?

4) Page 205 - She moved into the house and shut the door behind her. She felt a little flushed as she set the tray on the counter and hung up her coat.
Page 205 - Kate set the hors d’oeuvre plate on the counter, then hung her coat by the back door.
She set down the tray and hung up her coat twice.

There are some more but these are the biggest ones. I’m not even a really picky person I don’t purposely look for crap like this but when its so dang obvious I can’t help it. If I can pick them out then her paid professional editor should have been able to as well.

Other then that lol I liked the story. I’m a bit peeved at how the cheating part was handled and how they never talked about it. Or this part..

“Hey there, Rob,” Rose Lake called out. He stopped and watched her approach. Her blonde hair was like a shiny beacon in the dim lights of the grange. A genuine smile curved her mouth. Imagine that. An attractive woman who was actually glad to see him.
Kate was beautiful and sexy and smart, but she was not the only woman in town.

then the next page we are in Kates grandpas point of view and he thinks

While Kate had spent her evening with Tiffer talking about eyeliner and cover sticks, Rob had stood within a circle of young women. They’d flattered and flirted with him, something Stanley wished Kate would do. Rob had eventually left with Rose.

She never confronts him on this! Wth?! I sure would say something if the guy trying to get in my pants left with another girl! I’m going to assume that nothing happened between him and rose but still it should have been confirmed at some point so the reader doesn’t have to hope that he didn’t sleep with someone else cause Kate was mad at him (for a legit reason btw).

Overall though its worth the read as the continuation of the series. :)